Rickie Fowler eager to put money into Leeds amid 49ers takeover

[ad_1]

Golfer Rickie Fowler stated he’s hopeful of turning into an investor in Leeds United following final week’s announcement that the second-tier English membership could be taken over by the funding arm of the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers.

Leeds stated Friday that 49ers Enterprises, which already owned 44% of the membership, had reached an settlement to buy the remaining 56% stake held by present proprietor Andrea Radrizzani’s Aser Ventures.

Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, extra (U.S.)

Talking forward of this week’s U.S. Open in Los Angeles, Fowler stated that he, together with fellow PGA Tour golfers Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas, had been desperate to be part of the brand new possession group.

“There’s the group that is transferring ahead with being concerned with Leeds. Myself, J.T. [Thomas] and Jordan [Spieth] doubtlessly can be part of it,” he informed Sky Sports activities.

The trio have seemingly been turned onto Leeds by fellow golfer Matt Fitzpatrick‘s Leeds-supporting caddie Billy Foster, although Fowler stated Foster wasn’t concerned within the preliminary discussions.

“It is cool to have these alternatives,” Fowler added. “I do know we’re trying into it. Will probably be enjoyable if we get to be part of it. If not, we’ll proceed to root for Leeds to see if we may help out Billy.

“Clearly they obtained relegated, however to have the ability to go to a Premier League sport, Champions League. I really feel like, clearly you name it soccer over there, we name it soccer right here, it is a large sport.

“I really feel prefer it’s persevering with to get greater within the States, however since I have never been to a sport I haven’t got the true appreciation till I’ve truly been capable of go and be there and really feel that vitality.”

Leeds had been relegated from the Premier League following a tumultuous season that noticed them led by 4 completely different managers — together with American Jesse Marsch, who was fired in February. They completed second from backside within the standings on 31 factors and can now compete within the EFL Championship subsequent season.

[ad_2]

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *